Let us teach you and entertain you!
GUIDES CANINS’ conferences are organized and structured based on the groups attending and the target audience. The content and duration are adapted to the guests’ specifications and needs. They are designed for people of all ages who want to learn more about their best friends!
- The dog’s capacity to learn
- How to approach a dog
- How to read a dog and recognize fearful or aggressive behaviours vs. a dog at ease
- Bite prevention
- Choosing the right dog: A puppy or an adult? Purebred or mix?
- Recognizing a good breeder
- Selecting a puppy or adult dog based on your needs
- These days our dogs are unemployed-give them a job to do!
- The problem with dogs: humans! Understanding normal behaviours.
- Problem management = working on leadership
- Using the available tools to manage problems (crate, halter, educational toys)
- Canine principles
- Philosophy and use of the Gentle Leader
- Fitting, adjustment and use
- Maintenance and weaning
- Relationship building and working your team!
- Characteristics and canine athlete development
- Importance of anatomy and conformation
- Conditioning and fitness
- What sports for which type of dog
- Physical activity vs mental activity
- Special needs cases: deafness, blindness, physical disabilities, etc.
- Choosing a performance candidate
|Daycares, schools, non-profit organizations||No charge*|
|Other groups, professional associations, clubs||$100.00 to $150.00/hour
+ travel, accommodations, meals